Wednesday 7 October 2015

Review: The Yorkshire Vaper - Key Lime Cheesecake

I was given an atty full of this to try by m'lovelies Warren and Lewis at Key Vapours, Merthyr. I was interested to see how it compared to Deluxe Vapours KLC which I love.

Tested in a Kanger Subtank Pro with a 0.5 ohm stock coil on an iStick50w, at 3mg nic, ratio is 80vg/20pg.

This juice hits you in the face with really sharp sugary limey kick - it reminds me of Roses lime cordial. it's especially prominent at lower wattages, take it up a few notches and it's balanced by a crisp biscuitty warmth and a slight burnt sugar flavour, reminiscent of a brulee topping. Throat hit is mild, vapour production is naturally impressive due to high VG content, as is the flavour hit. Found my sweet spot at about 25w.

I liked this juice a lot, and haven't been able to put it down all morning, but I don't agree that it's a cheesecake flavour - I'm not getting the creaminess that I picked up from the Deluxe vapours version, which is a softer flavour. That's not to say io don't like it - I do! - but I'd describe it as a lime shortbread rather than a cheesecake. I definitely get the punchy lime juice and that biscuit/butter pastry flavour, but zero philadelphia. I would definitely buy it again though, it's different enough to be worth having in rotation with it's cheesecakier rival from Deluxe.

No comments:

Post a Comment