Wednesday 7 October 2015

Review: Deluxe Vapours - Key Lime Cheesecake


I was very kindly given some samples of the Deluxe Vapours range by the Deluxe guys, via the fabulous Warren of Key Vapours in Merthyr Tydfil. I'm not affiliated with them, though I'm a customer of Warren's. 

Their juices are available at the Deluxe Vapours shop in Llanelli, at Key Vapours, and at The Vapour Den shops in Brecon, Aberdare and Pontypridd. They're also online at deluxevapours.co.uk. 

I tested the Cloud Sauce juices, at 80/20 vg/pg, there's also a standard range at 40/60 vg/pg but the guys can custom mix your preferred ratio if you ask. 

Packaging is simple, in long slim bottles that post well, but the labels look good, with the DV Mexican sugar skull logo. Caps are secure, filling nozzle nicely sized for filling, bottles are nice and squeezy! Happily survived being bashed about in my overfilled handbag for days with no leaks. Some of the regular juices also come in shorter stumpy bottles that look equally good.

Juices tested in a Kanger Subtank Plus with 0.5 ohm coil on an eleaf iStick 50w. They were all 6mg nic. 

First up for review is the Keylime Cheesecake, which is a top seller. Smells gorgeously limey, had my mouth watering as I filled up my tank!

Started it off at 20w working up to 35w. I am seriously in love with this juice. At lower wattages I got a creamy soft lime in the inhale with butter and biscuit/pastry on the exhale but the higher I cranked it up the zingier the lime got and the more it featured in the exhale, at 35w it's actually quite tongue-tingly and fizzy, without being too sharp or harsh. Mild throat hit given I was lung-hitting 6mg, but enough to satisfy - it's a really smooth vape and could easily be an ADV for me.

Cloud production is impressive, I'm still new enough to subohming for this to make me gleeful, and it leaves a lovely lingering smell in my front room! 

I've got Strawberry cupcake, sour apple and Red Beard still to try so I'll update as I sample them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment